Saturday, September 12, 2009

Picking Up Where We Left Off


Several folks have complained that we left you hanging in the Bahamas last March. I admit they are correct. Our last post was from Hope Town in the Abacos (a northern chain of Bahamian Islands).

Early in April, we crossed the Gulf Stream without incident and arrived safe and sound at Ft. Pierce, Florida. The trip took about 24 hours and, once again, neither one of us took naps along the way. We get too excited to sleep. Phil handles it better than I do and, by dawn as we arrived in Ft. Pierce, I was seeing things that weren't there. I was driving and Phil took the wheel immediately after I complained that there was a wall in front of us and we were going to hit it. (There was no wall...my eyes were just playing tricks.)

We left the boat "on the hard" (on land) at Titusville and returned to Indiana in mid-May.

It's been a great summer. I am back at work as a real estate broker and Phil has been getting two of our rental homes ready for sale. The first went on the market in mid-August and we accepted an offer only three weeks later!

We've enjoyed lots of time with family and friends, trying to get our "fix" before we leave again for the winter. Last weekend, we hosted an end-of-summer pool party for both sides of the family and had 32 guests. We both come from large families and our get-togethers are what I miss most when we are cruising.

Our plans are to head back to Sunshine in mid-November. We'll spend this winter exploring the Keys and the Gulf Coast. Phil also wants to go to Mexico. I want to go to Cuba. That's the extent of our planning at this point.

I'll try to be more regular with our updates and promise to never leave you hanging again.

No comments: